Recently, we’ve gotten quite a few inquiries referencing glass-only iPhone 5 screen repair options. The most common question asked – “Why does the repair have a high price tag? Can’t you just replace the glass if my LCD still works?” This question generally arises from customers who have done some price shopping and found competitors that offer glass-only repair.
At Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center, we strive to provide you with the highest-quality workmanship on the market. Therefore, we do not offer glass-only repair for the following reasons:
The glass-only repair doesn’t restore the device to its original working condition.
- With glass-only repair, there’s a high risk for loss of touch screen sensitivity, which is a necessity to the functionality of the device.
- Customers that have previously attempted the glass-only repair at other establishments have reported sub-par workmanship. Often, customers leave with dust or bubbles under the screen; glass or digitizer coming loose from the screen; loss of touch sensitivity; and in some cases, discoloration in the picture quality.
- Glass-only repair for the iPhone 5 is essentially an old LCD or digitizer assembly screen that has been refurbished in the repair shop. It is not of the same quality of a refurbished screen from the manufacturer, which is why customers complain about functionality, dust or bubbles under the screen and discoloration in the LCD.
- We used to offer glass-only repair on Galaxy S3, S4 and other Galaxy devices, and we decided to stop selling this service when we realized the results were sub-par.
- Fix & Style only wants to offer high-quality products and services to our customers, so we don’t believe in selling quick-fix solutions like iPhone 5 glass-only repair.
- We believe in offering fast, professional and affordable smartphone and tablet repair – we never sacrifice quality to offer a cheaper repair.
In the end, we strive to provide quality services and repairs to you as our customer. Because we value your time, we want to make sure we provide the highest-quality repair the first time around.
For additional information on iPhone 5 screen repair, please contact us at 703-537-0629.