At Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center, we’re a trusted source for cracked screen repair in Virginia. While this is one of the reasons many people to come our repair shop, we’re always looking for ways to help our customers. That’s why we seek to educate them on the best possible options available to help protect their devices.
What is a Tempered-Glass Screen Protector?
The newest addition to our smartphone-accessory line is tempered glass – a type of glass made to protect the digitizer and LCD from damage and scratches.
At Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center, our specially processed (tempered) glass:
- Boasts a clear, reinforced protector to increase shock absorbency
- Has rounded edges which assist in deflecting the shock of drops and bumps
- Doesn’t affect touch sensitivity, because there is no gap between the tempered glass and the screen
- Lasts up to 10 times longer than regular screen protectors
- Protects your screen from cracks and scratches
- Has slim features that do not obstruct any new or existing smartphone or tablet case
- And more
Tempered glass creates a layer of glass protection over your primary screen. If your screen takes a direct hit, the tempered glass might break, but your expensive screen will not. If the tempered glass does break, it has a special coating on the top layer of the glass that prevents it from shattering and cutting your hands.
Although these protectors are durable, we definitely recommend using a case in conjunction with the tempered-glass screen protector. The tempered glass shields your screen from direct hits, while the case protects the body of the phone. Please note that all protective accessories are preventative in measure, and not absolute in their ability to stop a smartphone or tablet from damage.
We are currently stocking tempered-glass screen protectors for:
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, and 6+
- iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini and Air
- Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5 and Note 3
- LG Nexus 5 and LG g2
And, we take the guesswork out of it for you! We install the tempered-glass screen protectors for our customers, so you won’t need to worry about putting it on wrong or damaging your new accessory.
If your model is not listed above or you have any questions about tempered-glass screen protectors, and other repairs and services offered at Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center, please contact us at 703-537-0629 – we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can!