Water Damage Services
At Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center, we understand how inconvenient it is when you damage your phone in any way. This is why we offer professional, affordable, and fast cellphone repair to get you back on the information highway. If you have a smartphone or tablet that has been exposed to water damage and can’t get to the shop right away, below are some helpful tips that may limit further damage to your smartphone or tablet until you can bring it into our cellphone repair shop.
1. If the device is still powered on, turn it off. Even if it is working, if there is water on the inside of the phone, it could short circuit and render the device completely inoperable.
2. If you are able to remove the battery, remove it immediately. Many of the new age smartphones have batteries that can’t be removed unless the phone is disassembled. In this case, we recommend just making sure you power down the device and do not plug a charger into it.
3. If you are unable to immediately bring it to our mobile device repair center, put the device in a bag of rice to assist with drying out. This is not an end all solution; even if your phone starts working again, moisture inside the device can and will cause corrosion.
4. Even if the phone begins working again, we suggest bringing it into the shop because corrosion can form on internal parts and cause permanent damage that won’t show up right away. When you bring your device to our shop, we are able to take your device completely apart, dry out all the internal components, and clean any parts where corrosion may have started developing.
Mobile Device Water Damage Cost And Process:
1. Successful mobile device water damage repair starts at $29.99. What does this mean? When you bring us your water damaged device, we take it completely apart, clean any corrosion (using our special chemical agent), and let all of its internal components dry out. The cleaning part is the key aspect of this repair. Corrosion can begin quickly and it has to be cleaned correctly. Upon the completion of this process, we put your phone back together and test it. If it works without any additional parts needed, your only cost is $50. If it doesn’t work, you only pay for water damage service fee. This rate can be higher for some newer smartphones and tablets. For additional rates, please call 703-537-0629.
2. In some cases, it takes an additional part to get your device in working order or to ensure it’s kept in working order. If this is the case, we will not add any additional parts to your bill without your approval. We will explain to you all the facts and layout all your options concerning your mobile device. It’s important to us to know that you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision about your mobile device. You will first receive a phone call, and if we can’t reach you via telephone, we will send you a follow up email. No work will be done without your final word.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call Fix & Style Mobile Device Repair Center at 703-537-0629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Service can be higher depending on the device.